The ultimate compact notebook for business.Learn more
- How to get the most out of your new Toshiba notebook or Tablet PC
- I have forgotten my BIOS password, how do I unlock it?
- My notebook is locked/frozen and I cannot shut it down.
- Customer Awareness for Online Purchases
- Announcement for Satellite U920t
- Lost or Corrupted Data Using the Toshiba Finger Print Utility
My music CDs and movie DVDs skip and crackle when I play it on my notebook. However songs copied onto my computer plays fine?
Firstly try the CD /DVD in another system or device first. If OK on the other system then check the following:
a. Click Start, then My Computer, then View System information, then Hardware, then Device Manager.
b. A list of items will appear in alphabetical order. DoubleClick on IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
c. Right click on 2nd IDE Channel and left click on uninstall (If more then than one 2nd IDE Channel remove that also)
d. Click OK to confirm removal of the device
e. Also remove Primary IDE Channel
f. Restart Computer