46" TL Series
Bring the magic of cinema at home with this Full High Definition 3D LCD TV.Learn more
Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) Information
Windows 10 Upgrade Information
Intermittent graphic distortion on my Satellite/Satellite Pro L840/L850
Microsoft recently released a graphics driver called
“Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, - Graphics Adaptor WDDM1.2 – AMD Radeon HD 7670M“
which automatically installs as part of the Microsoft Windows update on any notebook that has this graphics card using Windows 8. The computer may experience intermittent graphic distortion, including lines across the screen after the installation of this driver. This tends to occur especially after waking the notebook from sleep mode.
To resolve this issue, the AMD graphics driver will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
Please follow the below steps on how to do this.
Uninstalling the AMD Driver
1. In the Start menu, Type c & select Control Panel
2. Change the “View By” option from Category to Large Icons
3. Go to Programs and Features and select AMD Catalyst Install Manager
4. Click Change and Next when prompted
5. Select Express Uninstall ALL AMD Software and click Next
6. Select OK, then Yes & Remove when prompted,
7. Select Yes and Finish when prompted
8. Select Yes to restart your notebook.
Reinstalling the AMD Driver
1. Download and install the original factory version of the AMD Display Driver v8.982.7 from Here
Alternatively, the original AMD Driver may also be found in: C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSAPINS
2. Once the driver is installed, Go to Control Panel -> Windows Update. Search and locate the AMD Display Driver update in the list of important or optional updates, right click the update and select “Hide Update” so the driver doesn’t reinstall itself.
3.Close the current window and return to normal operation