Toshiba dynadock® V USB Docking Station with Video
Minimise cable clutter. Maximise convenience.Learn more
- Service and Support Information for the Toshiba Encore Tablet
- Service and support for your Toshiba Chromebook
- Service and support for your Toshiba Excite Tablet
Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Update
Latest Update for Windows 8.1
- Customer Awareness for Online Purchases
- Update for Youtube Lean back users
- Announcement for Satellite U920t
My Optical drive (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray) isn’t working.
Many of these types of issues can be commonly associated with corruption to the software on your Vista® computer. Sometimes incompatible programs or files can be installed, causing your CD/DVD drive to fail. To check if this is the issue, follow the instructions below.
1. Click on your Start menu.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Select Classic View.
4. Select Device Manager.
5. If prompted, select Continue.
6. When in Device Manager; select the item on the list that says DVD/CD ROM Drives by clicking on the plus button on the side.
7. Right click on the DVD/CD ROM Drive on the list and select Properties.
8. Then check the Device Status. If the device status says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39 or 19)" then you have incompatible or corrupt files and will need to perform a System Recovery.
I do not want to erase anything on my computer, is there another way to fix this issue?
Microsoft offer support for this issue via registry edits. You may find instructions on how to do this here.
Please note: Toshiba do not support registry edits for your Windows® operating system. Incorrect edits of the Windows® registry may render your software inoperable.
My CD/DVD drive is not appearing in Device Manager.
If your CD/DVD drive is not appearing in Device Manager; this may need to be assessed by a Toshiba technician. Click here to book this in for service