Portégé X20-E (4G)
The perfect balance of productivity and mobility.Learn more
Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) Information
Windows 10 Upgrade Information
My Wireless is Switching off in Battery Mode
Toshiba notebook computers are able to switch off your wireless card to save power when this is not in use or remains idle for certain periods of time. If you would like to turn off this function you may follow the instructions below.
Please note: This applies to Windows Vista® and Windows 7® computers only.
1. Click on your Start menu.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Change view to Classic View (Vista) or Large Icons (Windows 7).
4. Select Device Manager.
5. Click on the plus button next to Network Adaptors; this will show a full list of your installed network cards.
6. Right click on your wireless adaptor and select Properties.
7. Select the Power Management tab.
8. Untick the box entitled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
9. Select Ok to apply these settings.