Satellite U840/00Q Ultrabook
The ultra-mobile Ultrabook®, the new style leader in 14”Learn more
- Service and Support Information for the Toshiba Encore Tablet
- Service and support for your Toshiba Chromebook
- Service and support for your Toshiba Excite Tablet
- Customer Awareness for Online Purchases
- Update for Youtube Lean back users
- Announcement for Satellite U920t
My notebook is locked/frozen and I cannot shut it down.
If your notebook is locked/frozen and you are unable to shut down the notebook from the operating system, you will need to perform a hardware reset.
PLEASE NOTE: ANY UNSAVED DATA WILL BE LOST.
1. Press the POWER button for 10 (ten) seconds until the POWER LED on your notebook is off.
2. Restart your notebook by pressing POWER button again.
3. If prompted select Start Windows Normally
NOTE: Hardware reset should only be done if your notebook has locked up and you are unable to shutdown your notebook from the operating system.