16 May 2011
All in one technology arrives in the homeSydney, AUSTRALIA – May 16 2011:
Connecting multiple technologies in the home through a central hub is the ideal use for Toshiba (Australia) Pty Limited’s first All-in-one product.
The new All-in-one DX1210 PC is designed to make connectivity in the home streamlined and is stylishly designed to complement surrounding decors.
“It’s not uncommon for households to have several technology devices in different rooms, so the DX1210 is a great solution to managing multiple devices through a single hub,” said Anthony Geronimo, B2C Product Marketing Manager, Toshiba Information Systems Division (ISD).
“Families can use the All-in-one as a base for connecting and managing other notebooks, tablets or smartphones.
“Whether the All-in-one is plugged in on the kitchen bench or the living room it is a terrific multi -tasking device for the whole family. Parents can look up recipes while preparing dinner or it can be used for catching up with friends on Facebook.”
The All-in-one DX1210 offers the complete entertainment experience with the 21.5inch full HD screen, a built in DVD player and integrated TV tuner. Watching movies and TV shows is like being at the movies with its full HD LCD display that utilises Toshiba’s Resolution+ technology that automatically converts standard definition video to HD.
The All-In-One also offers a quality audio experience with ONKYO speakers and Dolby Audio processing.
Toshiba’s Sleep & Music service turns the All-in-one into a set of separate speakers, allowing users to play audio when the device is asleep. Plus the USB Sleep-and-Charge function converts the All-in-one into a charging station for phones or music players even when switched off.
“Other simple but extremely useful features include a touch screen interface so families will no longer have to worry about losing the remote control and a virtual corkboard to stick up post it notes,” Geronimo added.
Additional features of the Toshiba All-In-One DX1210 PC include:
• Powerful Intel® Core™ i7 or Intel® Core™ i5 processors
• The 21.5” Full HD screen creates bright, immersive images with vibrant colours and great contrast
• Sleek, stylish design to compliment the modern home
• CyberLink PowerCinema preinstalled for the total media entertainment centre
• The HDMI in-port lets you play videos from another source via a single cable that carries both the audio and video ie: connect your gaming console
• Wireless keyboard and mouse eliminating cable-clutter and helping
to keep your workspace or kitchen clean
• Six USB ports including two USB 3.0 ports which let you transfer data 10x faster than the previous generation - useful for dealing with large files or lots of data, like multi-megabyte photos, digital video or just for backing up
• Web camera allowing you to make online video calls via Skype to friends and family
• Toshiba’s Eco Utility Software helps you manage power use and minimise your CO2 emissions and environmental impact
• Toshiba’s Face Recognition app is a fun way for family members to log on with just one look
Further information and full specifications are available at: http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/computers/all-in-one
The Toshiba All-In-One DX1210 PC is available now from selected retailers for $1,899 RRP (inc GST) in Precious Black and exclusively from Harvey Norman in Luxe White, for more information visit http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/
or call 13 30 70.About Toshiba
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning information & communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 204,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$68 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Phone: +61 02 8217 6506
Toshiba Australia (ISD)
Phone: +61 02 9887 8120