Toshiba's local environmental initiatives begin at a grassroots level. The company works hard to support a large range of local initiatives that will help reduce the impact of Toshiba's activities and enable the company to move towards a sustainable future.
Toshiba has introduced a series of initiatives that reduce the environmental impact of packaging and distribution.
- The use of recycled materials for packaging
- The PVC we use for packaging is recyclable
- Our shock-absorbing packaging (including foam) is recyclable
- We have reduced the amount of packaging in each laptop box, so we can now fit more boxes on a pallet. This means less space is required to ship laptops, helping to reduce the amount of fuel consumed getting our laptops to market.
- We have also replaced wooden pallets with cardboard ones because cardboard can be fully recycled.
Toshiba is also working on other initiatives that will help reduce the impact of the company's activities at the distribution, packaging and end-of-life stages.
Helping customers dispose of e-waste responsibly
Toshiba operates a program that helps customers in Australia and New Zealand do the right thing when they are disposing of unwanted Laptops or updating with new equipment. The e-CYCLE program both diverts waste from landfill and helps to reduce the wastage of valuable resources.